Having a LinkedIn Profile is an essential marketing tool for every law office. Creating and publishing a LinkedIn public profile allows internet users to easily find a law firm and view essential information. By creating a LinkedIn profile, law offices can decide what information they want to share with the public and it allows them to increase their online visibility.
Creating a Law Office LinkedIn Profile
The following is a step-by-step guide to setting up a LinkedIn profile for your law office:
1. The first thing you have to do is create a LinkedIn account and profile. Enter your law company’s name and professional information. Click the ‘Join Now’ button.
2. Go to your law firm’s LinkedIn account home page and locate the site map.
3. In the site map, go to the ‘My Profile’ category and click the link that says ‘Edit My Public Profile.’
4. After clicking ‘Edit My Public Profile’ link, you will then create your public profile. Do not use the LinkedIn designated URL. Customize your public profile’s URL to be the actual name of the law firm. Once you do this, you have ‘claimed your name.’ You can personalize your URL address by clicking on the ‘Set Address.’
5. Pick a ‘Basic View’ or a ‘Full View’ of your public profile. Select the ‘Basic View’ for a default public profile. It is recommended that you click the ‘Full View’ profile for optimum LinkedIn network exposure.
6. For the ‘Full View’ public profile, you will be given a number of categories to select. In the checkbox, check the categories that you want to include. You will do this by clicking the boxes
7. Click the ‘Save Changes’ button to update your public profile. Review your public profile by clicking on the ‘View My Profile.’ You will see your profile as users will see it.
Tips For Creating an Effective Law Office LinkedIn Profile
To ensure that your profile meets your marketing goals, make sure you use specific and relevant key words. For instance, if the law firm specializes in personal injury, make sure you use the appropriate personal injury law keywords. Include personal recommendations from clients, co-workers, and supervisors. Make sure recommendations emphasize the law firm’s strengths. As well, do not put in too many recommendations as it look unprofessional. Images used in the profile should be professional and tasteful. You can build your network by seeking out and adding connections such as businesses and people that you have worked with and other legal organizations. As well, it is important to note that the more lawyers from your firm who have their profiles on LinkedIn, the higher your firms Google search ranking will be.
Online social networking sites such as a LinkedIn is well suited for law firms. It is in a professional format, there is ease in adding and controlling content, and there is the ability to make connections. It is well worth the time for a law office to create a professional LinkedIn Profile.