The Wells & Drew Printing Dictionary – Y
- abbreviation for Yttrium, Aluminium, Garnet. This term usually refers to an infrared laser with a wavelength of 1064 nm. In fact it should be Nd (neodymium) YAG but Nd is usually omitted. The name describes components of the synthetic gemstone used in the laser.
- rotational motion about the z axis, also known as azimuth or P.
- color space that defines colours using luminance (Y) and two levels of chrominance (C and C)
- the subtractive primary color that appears yellow and absorbs blue light. or one of the four-color process inks, made from the organic pigment diarylide yellow, formerly called benzidine yellow.
- yellowing: in reference to paper it describes a transformation inherent to all vegetable fibers which is caused by exposure to elements such as heat, light and moisture
- yield value:
- the actual amount of force needed to start an ink flowing.
- abbreviation for yellow, magenta, cyan and key